Everyone needs a good night's sleep to function at their best. Yet inevitably we all have struggled with sleepless nights at some point in our lives - especially if you have kids!
What affects your quality of sleep?
Some factors that affect your sleep include:
When you don't sleep well, you're groggy the next day, not at your optimal best, and you tend to think more negatively and are less motivated. That means your energy isn't great and you show up in the world shining less brightly.
10 Tips to Fix Your Sleep Problems and Get a Great Night’s Rest:
- Clear the clutter.
- Relax your mind and body: Meditate or do yoga.
- Breathe. Use a 4-7-8 breathing method. Inhale through your nose for 4 counts, hold your breath for 7, exhale for 8 counts and while you exhale, make a whooshing sound. Repeat at least 3 times.
- Try a sleep supplement: Take a supplement like magnesium, 5-HTP, melatonin, theanine, and GABA.
- Screens off: Turn off your screens an hour before bedtime
- Try sleep-inducing foods like almonds and walnuts, turkey, or chamomile tea
- Limit caffeine and alcohol use.
- Avoid naps during the daytime.
- Exercise. The optimal time is working out in the early morning.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable.
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and family. Thanks!
Whenever you're ready, here are 4 ways I can help you take your life from ordinary to extraordinary; mundane to magnificent!
1. Online Courses These courses are full of practical tips and tools you won't find anywhere else. Click here
2. E-Books You'll find instantly downloadable books jam-packed with information you can start using immediately to make a difference in your life - starting today! Click here
3. Amazon Books My husband and I are authors and co-authors of several books published on Amazon. Click here
4. Coaching If you'd like to work directly with me to take your life and/or love from blah to bliss, CONTACT ME and let's talk. Tell me a little bit about your situation and what you'd like to work on together and I'll get you all the details.