If you want to live an amazing and extraordinary life, it helps to know your values. When you're aligned with your values, you can't help but live a fulfilling life. You're doing what brings you great joy and satisfaction, you are using your talents, you are surrounded by people you love and who are uplifting and supportive.
When you have clarity about your values, life becomes much more clear to you.
So what are values? Well, they aren't morals. Your values don't have to be labeled "right" or "wrong" like morals are. Values aren't moral or ethical behaviors.
Actually, to simplify things here, values are simply what you value in life. It's not what you do. It's not what you have.
Values are what you think is important to you in life.
So let's start off with some questions:
- What is most important to you in your life?
- What is most important in your relationship?
- What is most important in your career?
- What is most important in your health?
- What is most important to you in your spirituality?
You can see there are many different areas that require you to really think about what is important to you.
For example, let's say you value freedom. You may value freedom in your career, but that is not a value you have for your marriage.
Here are some examples of values:
Loyalty, commitment, dependability, patience, kindness, truthfulness, and trust.
What's helpful and a really powerful game-changer, is to use the Wheel of Life to create a list of the top 3 values for each category of your life.
Ready to make a major shift in your life?
Use the Wheel above or use your own for this exercise.
Write down on a piece of paper or open a document on your computer a list of the 8 categories (or use your own categories).
Start with your top 5 values for each category.
Now, narrow them down to your top 3.
When you're done listing your values, go through each category of your life and rate each of them on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being the worst and 10 being absolutely phenomenal.
Determine where there are patterns between how you live your top values and your overall rating for each category.
How will you start aligning these major parts of your life with your top values? You can start today by doing 1 small thing today in the category that needs the most attention (your lowest-rated category).
You just got an idea of what coaching is. With coaching, you get super clear on where you are going, what has been holding you back, and what you need to do to create an amazing future.
If you like this article, please share it with family and friends. Thanks!
Whenever you're ready, here are 4 ways I can help you take your life from ordinary to extraordinary; mundane to magnificent!
1. Online Courses These courses are full of practical tips and tools you won't find anywhere else. Click here
2. E-Books You'll find instantly downloadable books jam-packed with information you can start using immediately to make a difference in your life - starting today! Click here
3. Amazon Books My husband and I are authors and co-authors of several books published on Amazon. Click here
4. Coaching/Counseling If you'd like to work directly with me to take your life and/or love from blah to bliss, CONTACT ME and let's talk. Tell me a little bit about your situation and what you'd like to work on together and I'll get you all the details.