Intuition. We’ve all heard of it, but what is intuition and why is it important? How can we use intuition to create a full life?
Intuition: noun; the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning (dictionary.com).
Intuition is available to everyone, but not everyone chooses to believe in it or listen to it. The more you learn about it, the more you can use it to better your life.
When you think of intuition, you can think of your brain as having two operating systems. One system processes data slowly, deliberately, and analytically. That’s your conscious brain.
The second operating system, where intuition resides, is fast, effortless, and instinctual. Intuition uses the patterns drawn from our past experiences, but it does so unconsciously (without our conscious awareness). When faced with a quick decision, our intuition draws from those patterns – for example of pleasure, pain, right, wrong, winning, or losing.
Why It's Important to Pay Attention to Intuition
When it comes to creating your best life, you can see how intuition would be a huge benefit:
- Not sure if you should leave your corporate job and start your own company?
- Feel as though one of your kids needs your support?
- Think something is going on with your partner? Are they the “right” one for you?
- Can’t decide if you should buy that big ticket item?
- Should you move to a new location?
I’ve actually been using my intuition to guide me on my daily to-do list. For example:
- Should I work out or work on my non-profit?
- Should I work on a big project or work on smaller tasks?
- Is an e-course or a book my next project?
How to Build Your Intuitive Skills
For years, I didn’t trust my intuition. For example, I chose my now ex-husband who was hiding a secret – and my intuition was screaming loudly that this relationship wouldn’t last, but I chose not to listen. It took me 17 years to figure that out. And what a wake up call that was!
Since then, I’ve made it a practice to work on my intuition so that I didn’t have to go through years and years of a lesson that could’ve been learned a lot earlier.
Sharpening your intuition skills can have a major impact on your life. So many of us spend so much time on resisting the path that our soul is screaming for us to take.
So instead of going down the path of roadblocks, frustration, and ill health; learn how to use your intuition to create a life you love.
7 ways to build your intuition skills:
- Use external methods to help boost your confidence in your intuition. These are tools outside of yourself that can aid you in listening to your intuition. I use self-muscle testing. Others use a pendulum to help them. I’ve also found that if you aren’t hydrated enough, your mind will get foggy and unreliable.
- Meditate. When you get still and quiet, you learn to quiet your mind chatter. In this relaxed state, with an intention of openness and non-judgment, ask yourself (your inner voice or higher self) a question and wait for the answer. You don’t have to try to do anything or to figure it out. Trust that it will come to you.
- If you aren’t clear, ask for clarity. Let’s say you see a firetruck in your mind’s eye. Not sure what that means? Ask and wait for the answer.
- Ask for signs. Sometimes I am still not sure so I will ask for signs. For example, I think of white feathers as an angel visiting so if I’m wondering if a certain action is spiritually aligned, I will ask for a white feather to show up.
- Believe you have the answers. You gotta believe! You will learn to build up the trust and belief over time, but actually, you don’t have to wait at all. Just believe the answers you get. You don’t have to overcomplicate it or keep the questions going to get just the “right” answer.
- Hold the intention that your intuition is fully functioning and ready to assist you. The intention that your intuition is strong and getting stronger every day is powerful. Intend that the answers you receive are Divinely aligned and that your higher self is working for your highest and best good.
- Practice, practice, practice.
Whenever you're ready, here are 4 ways I can help you take your life from ordinary to extraordinary; mundane to magnificent!
1. Online Courses These courses are full of practical tips and tools you won't find anywhere else. Click here
2. E-Books You'll find instantly downloadable books jam-packed with information you can start using immediately to make a difference in your life - starting today! Click here
3. Amazon Books My husband and I are authors and co-authors of several books published on Amazon. Click here
4. Coaching If you'd like to work directly with me to take your life and/or love from blah to bliss, CONTACT ME and let's talk. Tell me a little bit about your situation and what you'd like to work on together and I'll get you all the details.